LOGO

LOGO

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Take a trip to mexico without leaving the city


I caught up with two of my girl friends in NYC and we went to café frida, a Mexican restaurant on the upper west side. The atmosphere and décor is fantastic. We sat upstairs and they had an indoor authentic-looking fake roof. It's a very young, fun scene. We had chips and guacamole to start – excellent, you can never go wrong with chips and guac. I had a mojito to begin the night, it's a drink for special occasions, since I usually drink white wine or vodka soda. They add tons of mint leaves, it was a great drink choice! Since I am kosher, I eat vegetarian when I go out. I ordered the chile relleno – roasted poblano pepper stuffed with sweet potato, wild mushrooms, toasted pumpkin seeds, ricotta, fresco and cotija cheese. It sounded delicious but lets just say I was very surprised when they brought my dish out. It was one green pepper stuffed with what looked like pink mush. Much to my dismay, they pureed all of the vegetables. I would have loved for the vegetables to have been chunky and it seemed from the description they would cube the vegetables and cook it together. I would go back to the restaurant but I can guarantee you I will not order that dish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment