LOGO

LOGO

Friday, May 27, 2011

Al Dente

Al Dente is a very small, rustic italian restaurant in the North End. I went for lunch on a Friday with 8 other people. I ordered the grilled fig salad to start. I thought the figs would be hot and cut up but instead it was cold, which was fine, but I would have preferred if the figs were cut more than just in half. I ordered the gnochhi for my entree; it was one of the best I have ever had - no complaints. One person in my party ordered veal parm and another chicken parm and the server mixed up the dishes but by the time they noticed they werent going to swap and neither wanted to return the dish. Another member order penne al vodka but the pepper seasoning was too overpowering. Another, ordered pesto with pasta but it was very oily- it was more like pasta with oil and a little pesto mixed in which was quite disappointing. Although, I had a fantastic pasta dish the rest of my guests were not thrilled which is disappointing since the North End usually never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment