LOGO

LOGO

Friday, April 8, 2011

Bagels and smear but not too much smear

One of my favorite breakfast choices is an egg sandwich but bagels come in as a close second. There really aren't any delis you can go to in Boston for an egg sandwich - that is, a scrambled egg on toast. Although for some that includes cheese and is on a bagel.

On a weekend you can go out to brunch and order eggs with toast but that's about it. So I made it my mission to at least find a decent bagel place.

As a new yorker, not only do I think we have the best pizza but I believe we also have the best bagels. I did however, find a place with pretty good bagels, Espresso Royale Cafe (ERC). There are a few locations- Gainsborough Street, Newbury Street and Commonwealth Avenue. What I really want to recommend is their veggie tofu cream cream. Even if you are not a lover of tofu, I suggest you give it a go. I love scallion cream cheese and just never took to veggie cream cheese but the tofu veggie cream cheese is so different; its delicious. You must order a whole wheat bagel toasted (scooped out of you wish) with veggie tofu spread.


I don't know if you have had this experience but I hate how places put way too much cream cheese/ butter on bagels - they would never eat that much themselves so don't serve it like that to me. I might as well just put cream cheese on a spoon and eat it. I must embarrass my friends because sometimes when I order a bagel and cream cheese I ask for a 'normal' amount. I know it sounds silly and yes, sometimes they laugh at me but from time to time it works in my favor and other times not so much. I once barely got any cream cheese on my bagel like seriously none. However, I have found this is not a problem with the veggie tofu spread and I think it's because the consistency is a little different.

*also erc is very hipster and their coffee is very hot

No comments:

Post a Comment