LOGO

LOGO

Friday, April 22, 2011

Not your mothers Lavagna

Last Saturday evening it was pouring in NYC so My boyfriend and I did not want to venture that far so we went to Lavagna. It is a very small restaurant with a romantic rustic feel. The bread was fresh and the dipping oil had olives in it and was very flavorful.


We had one of the specials of the evening to start - white pizza with asparagus. It was good.


Then I ordered the fedelini fini (type of spaghetti) with toasted garlic and rusted tomato sauce. It was pretty good but a little spicy. The portions are a perfect size; not too big, not too small.


Dinner didn't stop there, for dessert we ordered the apple torte that sat in a pool of the most delicious butterscotch sauce and topped with vanilla ice cream. We ate all the sauce and was on a sugar high later. I have one critique, I didn't taste much apple at all - there was more dough than apple.


I rate this restaurant 3.5 stars out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment