LOGO

LOGO

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do you want fries with that?

About a month ago my boyfriend and I went to Pommes Frites on Second Avenue in NYC. I'm not sure how to describe it, its kind of like a shack and completely dedicated to selling thick 'authentic belgium' fries with a variety of dipping sauces. It may seem ridiculous to have a food business dedicated to one thing, but in NYC its not crazy there are places that just sell soft baked pretzels and places that specialize in donuts. It also follows the old adage, if you do one thing really well, people will come.


They have a menu with all of their sauces - take a look on their website. The fries are twice fried and made right in front of you, they are so hot and fresh. Not the healthiest option but once in awhile won't kill you. My boyfriend and I ordered regular fries with the dijon mustard sauce. It was delicious. There are three sizes of fries: regular, large and double - the regular was plenty for us to share!

If you are in the area, you must stop by and get some fries. They have very little seating but its easy to eat and walk around with. Its a very European thing to do. When I was in Amsterdam two years ago we ate fries as we roamed the city. 



I want to go back just to try more of their dipping sauces.



No comments:

Post a Comment