LOGO

LOGO

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Go to HIGHPOINT BISTRO to start your day on a HIGH

If you are looking for a new brunch place in NYC make sure to check out Highpoint Bistro on 7th Ave between 22nd and 23rd street. I've gone in a large group of about 10 people and as small as just me and my boyfriend.

Highpoint truly lives up to its name. Instead of bread or muffins, they serve freshly made donut holes, its the perfect way to start the day!

I've had 2 eggs over medium there which is my typical go to brunch item. It was good but the side dishes proved to be a highlight. The french fries were great. The first time I ordered the mac and cheese it was just scrumptious. I dreamt about it so the second time I went to Highpoint I made sure to order it again but it just wasn't as great. I've also tried their buttermilk pancakes with lemon thyme butter which made them more savory. However, I found their pancakes too dry. If I'm eating pancakes, I'm going all out and I expect fluffy pancakes and I just didn't get that from Highpoint. I've heard their french onion soup is just delicious. All in all, I enjoy going to Highpoint and look forward to their vegetarian split pea soup and stuffed french toast, on separate occasions of course. I may also give the mac and cheese another go.

Its a pretty small place but both times I've gone its been pretty empty. The service is fairly good.



Overall, I rate Highpoint 3.75 stars out of 5 stars. 


* As you can see I am making up my own rating scale. Highpoint was better than a 3.5 but not quite a 4.

And after brunch you can go to the wholefoods close by, go grocery shopping and have some samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment