LOGO

LOGO

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Enhance your salad

I love eating salads and eat them at least once a day. Some of my friends, who shall remain nameless, call me a rabbit because I eat a lot of lettuce and veggies. When someone like me eats salad all the time, you need a way to spruce it up.


If you don't enjoy eating salads, try using some of the same ingredients I use - they are sure not to disappoint


Here are some things I add to my salads:


- mixed greens or spinach (darker is better and more nutritious)
- sliced granny smith apples (dice half an apple) - adds tangy flavor
- chickpeas or kidney beans - adds protein
- beets
- shredded carrots
- edamame - adds protein
- occasionally I will add:
                                   goat cheese (be conscious of the serving size) - adds great flavor
                                   dried cranberries
                                   baby corn
                                   nuts (pine nuts, almonds, walnuts - whatever I have)


If this is for dinner I will cut up a veggie burger or tofu and mix it in the salad


My all time favorite salad dressing is the Newmans light raspberry and walnut! 


** I usually use the other half of the apple for a snack and eat it with peanut butter. If you have a sensitive stomach do not eat a granny smith apple right before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment