LOGO

LOGO

Thursday, April 7, 2011

il Cantinori - oh how we butchered the name

I was visiting my friends and boyfriend in NYC a couple of weeks ago. But before I met up with my friends, my boyfriend and I went to dinner at Il Cantinori. Side note, when we actually found out how to pronounce I was quite embarrassed at how badly we butchered the name.

Another thing you should know about me, I have very intense food cravings. I went into this dining experience knowing I was going to order risotto. I have never had it before but felt it should be a side dish; however, that's seldom the case. Close your eyes and picture this: grilled salmon with a side of risotto... Yum. 



Anyways, we stumbled across il cantinori because my boyfriend wanted to find a restaurant that had good risotto because I really wanted to try it. This restaurant can make any type of risotto, you just have to ask.

We started with the insalata tricolore, it was refreshing. I then ordered a wild mushroom risotto and my boyfriend ordered veal. The risotto was very good. I would have preferred if the mushrooms were cut a little smaller. You have to eat risotto fairly quickly because it gets cold fast and once cold, its not great.



For dessert I ordered the bread budding and he ordered a cannoli. I wasn't a fan of either.

The service was fantastic. We got up to leave and everyone was so friendly and said goodbye. After I got my coat from the coat check I realized I left my bag next to my seat, so I had to go back over to our table... this has happened to me once or twice before.

Overall I rate my dining experience 3.5 stars out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment