LOGO

LOGO

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Night out on the town... 'Sex and the City?'

A couple of weeks ago 3 of my girl friends and I went to Da Vinci for restaurant week. We dressed up and felt like the women in 'Sex and the City' ohh wait, I think that was just me. If you have never been out during restaurant week, you should - its a pre fixe menu of three courses.

We were seated immediately upon arrival. When I sat down I opened my menu and yelped a little bit. Why? Well Da Vinci is very high tech and has a lit menu - when u open it, the light goes on... It provided a little shock factor, I liked it. I ordered arancini
con mozzarella - im not sure how to explain it. It looked like a falafel but had cheese in the center and indian spices. The flavors were very bold and I've actually never had indian food before so this was very new to me, it was okay, not my favorite. 



For my entree, I ordered the salmon - it was an amazing presentation, stacked beautifully and cooked to perfection. For dessert, I ordered chocolate soufflé - which is my all time favorite dessert. I would like to make it sometime in the near future but I know this is quite an undertaking so I will probably recruit none other than my boyfriend.


After dinner, the restaurant was pretty quiet which was perfect because my friends and I stayed and chatted for a bit, more like an hour, and no one shooed us out or rushed us. They actually gave us complimentary dessert wine.

I rate this restaurant 4 stars out of 5 stars

* I don't want you to think I'm being overly generous with my ratings, I'm actually quite particular and critique many areas when I go out dining.

No comments:

Post a Comment