LOGO

LOGO

Monday, April 4, 2011

Stella in the South End is quite STELLAR

This past Saturday evening, I went to Stella with my boyfriend. We had a 9:30 pm reservation. A reservation is a must because even then you will have a slight wait. The bar was packed, the restaurant had large parties and gave off a very young, fun and romantic vibe. I don't mean to sound like a grandma but it was pretty loud at first which is to be expected after people have a few drinks. After about 15 minutes the volume quieted down a bit and i was able to have a stellar experience. The waiter was quirky but very friendly. When out at a restaurant I will usually ask the waiter to help me narrow down my choice selections by making a recommendation, this proves to be quite successful.


Now on to the food, for starters their bread was warm and sooo fresh... it was delish. Then we ordered the beet salad. If you haven't had beets yet go out an buy a can! (Open the can, put it in tupperware in the fridge and eat it the next day, it is much better chilled) It is my new favorite addition to salads. A week ago, I would have been like no way! but now I'm sold. 


I am glad we did not have to wait long in between our appetizer and entree because I was starving. I ordered the Linguine in a cream sauce with asparagus topped with a poached egg. This was quite out of the ordinary, I don't typically order pasta - mainly because I don't exercise enough to burn off the calories. It tasted like a very upscale mac and cheese flavor and you cant go wrong with that. The egg yoke really cut the creaminess of the sauce, it was just fantastic. I highly recommend this dish to any diner. We ordered a side dish of roasted cauliflower... I wasn't a fan. It was more fried than roasted and tasted like french fries. That was the only downside to my meal. We were too stuffed to order any dessert. Overall, it was a fantastic dining experience, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.


When I go out to dinner with my boyfriend, we typically go all out and order at least one appetizer and one side, if not more. If I'm feeling "skinny" that day and not too stuffed from dinner we'll order dessert too. This may be because I don't typically eat meat (unless I buy kosher meat which is very rare) so typically I eat salad, veggie burgers and a lot of fruits and veggies... not very exciting when you eat it everyday so when I go out to dinner which is about every other week, its a really nice change of pace.


On a side note, I watch a lot of reality TV, too much for my own good actually. You may be wondering what this has to do with food but actually, it all makes perfect sense. When I watch the Real Housewives of NYC and Bethenny Ever After I make not of the restaurants they are dining at. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me. I also watch Top Chef and Chopped - its a good way to learn about food!

No comments:

Post a Comment