LOGO

LOGO

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is a cucumber roll sushi?

Two weeks ago I met a few friends at snappy sushi on Newbury street. I ordered a house salad... I love the ginger dressing. I basically licked the bowl. We also ordered an appetizer of edamame, another favorite. I ordered a roll of cucumber sushi inside out. 


My friends say cucumber isn't sushi but I say, if its on the sushi list (which it is) then its considered sushi. I have tried other sushi but its just not for me and I don't eat raw fish. I always order cucumber, its light and fresh. Snappy Sushi only uses brown rice which is fantastic and much healthier and nutritious for you and me!

The sushi was very fresh but not filling at all. I probably should have ordered another roll. This past summer I learned how to make sushi and I'm pretty good at it. Its definitely a process making the rice and peeling/ cutting the cucumbers. Note, you should use long English cucumbers because it has less water so it makes for better sushi.


The service was very friendly and quick. The location is perfect because after dinner you can go to a bar on boylston for a drink or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment